Tharos’ professional activities cover a wide range of activities related to the nutraceutical, food and feed industries, including:
- Business plan development
- Appraisal and business evaluations
- Market research
- Financial evaluations
Within these areas, Tharos has been involved in various projects.
Our involvement in krill projects is extensive, covering but not limited to ample activities such as:
- On-board engineering, sales and marketing and quality assurance programs (HACCP & ISO).
- (2007-2009) Murmansk Trawl Fleet/Ocean Trawlers (Russian/Hong Kong) – Russian krill fishing operation, first since USSR end of its operations.
- (2007-2008) Neptune Biotechnologies and Bioressources (Canada) – Working agreements and operative alliances on krill end-products’ supply and quality assurance programs with Polish operation (Dalmor S.A.), Korean (Insung Corp), Russian (Murmansk Trawl Fleet) and Norwegian (Aker Biomarine), among others.
- (2007-2008) Insung Corporation (Korea) – Human-grade whole frozen krill R&D and product development.
- (2004-2008) Interrybflot (Ukraine) – Ukrainian Krill fishing operation.
- (2004) Skretting/Nutreco (Norway) – Skretting’s representative on its alliance with Aker Biomarine (at that time Norway Seafoods).
- (1999-2003) Top Ocean Inc. (USA) – First USA fishing involvement in South Antarctic krill fishing
- (1995-1998) FRAMECO (Russian and USA partnership) – South Antarctic krill operation with former USSR operators and USA investors.
- (1989-1996) Tepual S.A./Inual S.A. (Chile) – Business alliance with former USSR krill fishing fleet operating from Montevideo (Uruguay) and Punta Arenas (Chile)
- (1997-1999) Chile-Cuba Frozen Mackerel Marketing Strategies and Sales Activities (Tres Lirios S.A./Caribex S.A.). First Chilean large-project development for frozen mackerel exports for the island which later triggered freezing infrastructure investments in Chile above the US$150MM level.
- (1996-1997) Surimi related project (Aker RGI/American Seafoods] Hake Fishing/Surimi Manufacturing project). Team member for the F/T “American Monarch” US$65 Million investment project originally targeting Chilean hake (at that time through its associated company American Seafoods).
- (1997) Aker RGI/American Seafoods trawler’s appraisal for trawler swap (substitution) under Chilean Fishing Law (FT “Gualas”; FT “San Rafael”; FT “Yin Yang”).
- (1996) Fundacion Chile R&D Institute – Russian Market Research for Chilean frozen mackerel business development.
- (1991-1992) Pesquera El Golfo, Pesquera Bio-Bio and Pesquera San Pedro [today owned by Pesquera Coloso S.A.] – New Sales and Operational Concepts” project through sales, operations & overall logistic joint venture and joint-coordination on fish meal and canned fish sales and shipping for world markets (1989-1991) Pesquera San Pedro S.A./Aguas Claras S.A. – Sales and distribution office & market introduction of salmon and trout in the US market through import and distribution office set-up and management.